Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles

It has been a long time since I've been hit so quickly by a new artist. I was lucky enough to get an advance copy of the new album from Sarah Borges, and I have already listened to it four times today. I feel like I've been featuring a ton of female artists recently but if you only listen to one, make it this one! This is not your typical "chick-music". Sarah is based in Boston and actually has a day job in the admissions office at Berklee School of Music... I would say not for much longer, though. Her new album Diamons in the Dark is set for release on Sugar Hill Records on June 12th. It's like rockabilly and blues and country and americana and punk all mixed together and I just cannot get enough of it. Sarah's voice is raw and sweet all at the same time. I guarantee that after one listen to the first single "The Day We Met," you will feel forced to listen to it on repeat at least twenty times. At least that's what I did.

Sarah Borges - The Day We Met
Sarah Borges - Belle of the Bar

RIYL: Lucinda Williams, Sarah Harmer, Maria McKee, Lori McKenna, Kasey Chambers

1 comments:

JerseyCynic said...

H-F H!!!! holy crap - I'm waaaay past 20 times since I found you this morning. OH BABY!! i feel a big hit is gonna take the summer radio waves by storm for sure! Heading for the Cape next week -- I'm sure I'll hear it all over the radio. If not, you can be sure I will harass the dj's incessantly. 'bout time we found some REAL talent. How's the rest of the album? Can't wait til June 12th.

Do you mind if I post your post over at Blondesense?

I was picking "Valerie" for the new hit this summer. I'm liking "The Day We Met" equally -- maybe more

FANTASTIC!!!!

a new sarah borges fan - thank you!