Land of Talk

I hate when I find out about a band long after everyone else. But I guess better late than never, right? I have a tendency to judge bands by their name, thinking "oh that sounds like some new generic blog-rock band" and then I'll assume that they will be forgotten in a months time. I remember hearing the name Land of Talk but never took a chance to listen to the actual songs. What a mistake! Elizabeth Powell's vocals have been described as "snotty yet sensitive at the same time". Their mini-album Applause Cheer Boo Hiss takes the "riot-grrl" attitude and melds it with the best indie sounds of late. Loads of fun... I can't wait to hear a proper album from them!

Land of Talk - Magnetic Hill
Land of Talk - Speak To Me Bones

Bonus! Chromewaves has a live set from the WOXY Lounge.

RIYL: Metric, Tegan & Sara, The Cardigans, PJ Harvey, Cat Power

0 comments: