New Releases - 7.3.07

[Note: You'll have to click on these links... No right click, save as... Filexoom and Fileden are not being friendly lately. Any suggestions?]

Sara Bareilles makes lovely, accessible singer/songwriter piano pop a la Rachel Yamagata or Anna Nalick. I have to admit I have a soft spot for a female singers with pianos, even though I know that's not cool to admit. Even cheesy, cliche lyrics can't scare me away.

Sara Bareilles - Love Song

Every week, I have a new favorite rock band from the UK. Air Traffic is it for this week. Although I do have that soft spot for female singer/songwriters, my soft spot for cute English boys is probably twice as big. Mix Coldplay, The Feeling, and Kaiser Chiefs and you have Air Traffic.

Air Traffic - Shooting Star

Album releases were pathetic this week. So, I'm going to cheat a little and feature the new single from Iron & Wine. I love Sam Beam because he appeals to everyone - both snobby hipsters and casual music fans. His new album (to be released Sept. 25) is supposed to be more "upbeat" so I am anxious to hear it.

Iron & Wine - Boy With A Coin


No honorable mentions for today. Sad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After taking your advice and listening to the Air Traffic album, I took it upon myself to acquire the rest of the album from play.com

A great recommendation, having recently (within the last couple of months) come upon your blog by accident, it is now my home page and I look forward to reading each and every one of your new blog posts.

Cheers for the good and interesting reading.

ibu

Misty said...

I'm glad you like their album! Although I must say I am so not worthy of being anyone's home page.

I'm glad you're enjoying the songs though. :)