SXSW Envy

sxswI have to admit I am a little bitter. Because everyone is at SXSW, and I am not. So I turned my bitterness into something productive. Here are some tracks from my would-be must-see list for SXSW 2007:

Au Revoir Simone - Fallen Snow
Thomas Dybdahl - A Lovestory
The Explorer's Club - Forever
Field Music - Sit Tight
The Finches - House Under the Hill
Headlights - TV
Joshua James - Soul and the Sea
The Last Town Chorus - Modern Love
Let's Go Sailing - Sideways
Limbeck - Big Drag
The Little Ones - Lovers Who Uncover
Loney, Dear - I Am John
Maritime - Tearing Up the Oxygen
The 1900s - Bring the Good Boys Home
Office - The Big Bang Jump
Paper Moon - Turning Colours Iinto Greys
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Oregon Girl
Rosie Thomas - Much Farther To Go
Tullycraft - Stowaway
Voxtrot - Trouble
Kate Walsh - Your Song
The Whigs - Violet Furs
WinterKids - Hear Me Out
Winterpills - Broken Arm
The Wrights - You're the Kind of Trouble
Jenny Owen Youngs - Fuck Was I
The Zebras - You Look Ready

And that's just to name a few. In my imaginary SXSW world, I would also have to see Lily Allen, Margot & The Nuclear So & Sos, Sondre Lerche, Mika, Peter Bjorn & John, The Broken West, Rocky Votolato, Amy Winehouse, Amy Millan, Marit Larsen, Aqualung, Marjorie Fair, Midlake, The Pipettes... You get the idea.

3 comments:

Rich said...

Hey, I'm not there either. I feel ya. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!
I'm totally in your musical tastes...

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog today.
You have exquisite taste in music.
And I like Marit Larsen too.