New Releases - 03.20.07

I already posted about the new Amiina album earlier today, but since it's not available in stores yet, I thought I would offer some suitable replacements if you like going to the record store on Tuesdays:

Tracey Thorn of Everything But the Girl releases her second solo album today (the first being released back in 1982). This music is perfect to listen to while folding laundry. I still listen to Amplified Heart at times, despite it making Everything But the Girl a one-hit wonder of sorts.

Tracey Thorn - Easy

I have yet to hear the whole album yet but if it is half as catchy as this song, I am sure to love it. This song rivals "Counting Down the Hours" for its toe-tapping, sing-a-long quality. I like the pop more than the punk so this song works for wusses like me.

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - A Bottle of Buckie

The Pierces are two sisters from Alabama. I remember seeing their first two CDs in the bargain bins at used record stores. I feel like they just got lost in the shuffle, because they were quite good. Their new release is out on Lizard King Records today. One of the sisters is dating Albert Hammond, Jr., of The Strokes.

The Pierces - Go To Heaven

Other honorable mentions for today:

Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Ray Price - Last of the Breed
Jesse Malin - Glitter in the Gutter
I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha

0 comments: