Basia Bulat

Basia Bulat has recently opened shows for Great Lake Swimmers and Maria Taylor (two of my favorites!) in her native Canada. Her voice sounds similar to Frazey Ford of The Be Good Tanyas with a bit less country twang. There is an old-timey, folky quality to her music. I instantly loved these songs and I think I will be listening to her album a lot in 2007!

Basia Bulat - Why Can't It Be Mine

Her album, "Oh My Darling," is due out on Rough Trade in the UK on April 30th. For now, you can listen to some songs on her MySpace... And psst! Check out her website with the most adorable birdies.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, just wanted to drop a note.. your musical tastes are amazing! Basia Bulat = new love. New blog to add to my list, definitely. Thanks for the great picks and I look forward to more to come!