17 Songs about 17!




The Boy Least Likely To - I'm Glad I Hitched My Apple Wagon to your Star
I was young and I was stupid; I had just turned seventeen

Field Music - 17
When I was seventeen, I could stumble

The Eames Era - All of Seventeen
All of seventeen, we were falling apart at the seams

Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen
I went forth with an age old desire to please on the edge of seventeen

Blitzen Trapper - Furr
When I was only seventeen, I could hear the angels whispering

Ladytron - Seventeen
They only want you when you're seventeen; when you're 21, you're no fun

Tara Maclean - At Seventeen (Janis Ian cover)
I learned the truth at seventeen, that love was meant for beauty queens

Broken Social Scene - Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl
Park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me

The Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There
Well, she was just seventeen, you know what I mean

The Wreckers - Strawberry Wine (Deana Carter cover)
Strawberry wine, seventeen.. the hot July moon saw everything

Sexton Blake - Young Turks (Rod Stewart cover)
Patti packed her bags, left a note for her momma, she was just seventeen

Ingrid Michaelson - The Hat
We were seventeen again together (And it's alright)

The Sound of Music soundtrack - Sixteen Going on Seventeen
I am sixteen going seventeen, I know that I'm naive

Kings of Leon - 17
Oh, she's only seventeen... wine and whine and wound up over everything

The Felice Brothers - Wonderful Life
You say you were only seventeen when you fell in love with that dirty Reverend Green

Gillian Welch - No One Knows My Name
And my mother was just a girl of seventeen; It's a wonder that I'm in this world at all

The Mountain Goats - This Year
I played video games in a drunken haze; I was seventeen years young

10 comments:

Matt said...

Nice!
I'm glad I stumbled across your blog - though I'm afraid I don't remember exactly how I got here. It looks like you've got something nice going on!

Anonymous said...

I must ask: why was there no "Paradise By the Dashboard Light?"

Anonymous said...

You should include Marina and the Diamonds' "Seventeen." The song is awesome.

Stephen said...

Great list.

Another addition to make would be "The River" by Bruce Springsteen. (there is also a great cover of it by Josh Ritter)

"Me and Mary, we met in high school
When she was just seventeen"

Cindy W. said...

"I saw him standing there by the record machine.
I knew he must have been about seventeen.

sam said...

naturally, love the stevie nicks.

ticonaski said...

House of Love - Beatles and the Stones
"Look at me, proud of being
Proud of being seventeen"

咪摩兔 said...

桃園當鋪.桃園汽車借款.中壢環球當鋪
高雄當鋪.高雄汽車借款.統一當鋪
高雄汽車借款.高雄當鋪.川勝當鋪
嘉義汽車借款.嘉義當鋪.世界當鋪

Lorraine said...

Hey, there's a lot of helpful information here!

Unknown said...

How can you forget ABBA's Dancing Queen - "young and sweet, only 17" ??