New Releases - 10.16.07

It's so sad that Semisonic is often regarded as a one hit wonder from the 90s. Although I doubt lead singer Dan Wilson is too upset, seeing he's been busy earning Grammys for his work with the Dixie Chicks. This song was recorded first for Taking the Long Way but Dan recorded it as well for his recent album Free Life, produced by Rick Rubin.

Dan Wilson - Easy Silence

Back in the day (I think I can say that since it was ten years ago!), I was a huge Dar Williams fan. I haven't kept up with her newer work, but listening to her new live album brought back a lot of memories of my past life as a folkie. Songs like "February", "After All", and "When I Was a Boy" still stand out, whether you like folk music or not.

Dar Williams - Ripple (Grateful Dead cover)

The blogosphere is crazy about Maritime, and rightly so. Heresy & The Hotel Choir is the third album from this band started by former members of The Promise Ring and The Dismemberment Plan back in 2003. This is sensible music that won't offend anyone but still rocks hard enough to please the indie kids.

Maritime - Aren't We All Found Out


Other honorable mentions for 10.16.07:

Angie Stone - The Art of Love & War (old-school R&B)
Steel Train - Trampoline (above-average rock)
Octopus Project - Hello, Avalanche (instrumental indie)
The Launderettes - Fluff 'N Fold: The Best of The Launderettes (Norwegian garage)
Kenna - Make Sure They See My Face (genre-defying-music-from-Ethiopan-artist-discovered-by-Fred-Durst-but-somehow-it's-good)

11 comments:

Audur said...

I grabbed Dan Wilson's Easy Silence. I think it sounds a bit too much like the Chicks' version (I don't like when artists release very similar versions of the same songs). I would love to hear them team up on the song, though! I think that might just be fantastic.

Admin said...

http://www.You4Dating.com , is a Profesional Dating Site Visit Site and Find Your Match at:
http://www.You4Dating.com
-------------------------
http://www.You4Dating.com

Anonymous said...

酒店打工

酒店兼職

台北酒店

打工兼差

酒店工作

酒店經紀

禮服酒店

酒店兼差

酒店

酒店PT

酒店上班

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

喝花酒

粉味

喝酒

Anonymous said...

台北酒店 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 酒店

Anonymous said...

酒店兼差 酒店兼職 酒店 台北酒店

Anonymous said...

酒店兼職 酒店 台北酒店 酒店兼差

Anonymous said...

酒店 台北酒店 酒店兼差 酒店兼職

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班